Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 4 February 2010

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez


I heard a town crier in the city centre today. A bit unusual considering that most people communicate by either e-mail, mobile phone or Facebook. Anyway I listened to what he was shouting about. He was promoting the opening of a new gold shop tomorrow. I knew about it already, as I had read an advert in one of the freebie newspapers we get each week. The shop is officially opened by non other than 'Mr Orange' himself; David Dickinson. he's not really orange. It's just that he has a perma-suntan which makes him look like a satsuma when he's on the TV. Of course I plan to pay a visit, to see just how orange he is in real life!

3 comments:

  1. I will be waiting for an interview and photo of the antiques expert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you dont go and sell the Gold Header Shield to Dicky boy.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit of historic gimmickry, but fun. And it gets attention.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.