Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Flying Around


The week is going really quickly, and so I can't believe it's Wednesday again and the Headbanger Challenge. This weeks' theme is 'in the sky'. Well two years ago, Gail and I were literally doing that, as we went for a balloon ride over the area. So my picture is what I saw from the basket as we were sailing over the Nottinghamshire countryside.

On the subject of flying. Does anyone recognise what this strange looking insect is? It was attracted to our security light a few nights ago. It was bigger than a bumble bee or moth, and has got those strange 'feathers' on its feelers. Fortunately it stayed still long enough so I could take a photo of it. We made sure that we kept the back door closed, as we didn't want it flying around inside our house.