Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Flying Around


The week is going really quickly, and so I can't believe it's Wednesday again and the Headbanger Challenge. This weeks' theme is 'in the sky'. Well two years ago, Gail and I were literally doing that, as we went for a balloon ride over the area. So my picture is what I saw from the basket as we were sailing over the Nottinghamshire countryside.

On the subject of flying. Does anyone recognise what this strange looking insect is? It was attracted to our security light a few nights ago. It was bigger than a bumble bee or moth, and has got those strange 'feathers' on its feelers. Fortunately it stayed still long enough so I could take a photo of it. We made sure that we kept the back door closed, as we didn't want it flying around inside our house.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 pm

    Looks like a Japanese Beetle to me. They eat everything outside. Good to see this one provided a meal to a spider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these vibrant colors in the header!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent header... love the view, the colours and the reflections... you've set the bar...

    Your Beatle by the way is I think.. a european Scarab... known as a Cockchafers. I've not seen one for a few years around here now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beetle. Love the view. I bet that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GM: Beautiful view from in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:16 pm

    You have bought back some lovely memories of this ballon ride.
    I felt like I was a bird slowly gliding, caressing the landscape below. I'm so glad that we didn't land in the water though! ;-)
    A must have event for anyone, before time passes them by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really awesome header this week! This would have been my pick for the gold :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.