Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Hot Gossip


Another Headbanger Challenge, and this week it's my turn, so I've chosen communication. There used to be an old joke about how news travels; telephone, telegram and tell a woman!
For my headbanger picture, I've gone for the life cycle of a letter. The original form of communication, before phones, computers and email took over. Spending some time writing to friends, keeping them up to date with events, sending cards, or just saying I've not forgotten you.

Not much chance of passing on any information by phone from these boxes, unless you want to see the sparks fly. If you're lucky you'll just get a crossed line.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent header and a great theme... it was another that had to be thought about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story here GM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01 pm

    I will have to go on ebay and see what they have. Thanks for the suggestion. I have just been working on the history of the alphabet. I have a medal with the history on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great header, love the life cycle of a letter idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like only yesterday when one could close the doors on these...insert the coins...and place the call. Now, I can't even FIND a phone booth. Great find! Smiles!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.