Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 6 June 2010

Ski Sunday


Well it stayed dry enough for Gail and I to visit the motor show at Wollaton Park. We saw our neighbours' Mini on the Notts About Minis stand. Gail got chatting to a couple who had some little dogs that she liked, and I took quite a few photos of the different cars on show. Although not as many as in previous years. I was particularly taken with this mascot. It belonged to an old Alpine that had done a run to Switzerland. Hence the skier.
A great shame that modern motors don't have such mascots on their bonnets anymore, as they really make the car into something special. A lady was quite taken with it too, and was snapping away with her camera at the same time as me.

3 comments:

  1. You're right GM, they ought to have them these days, but they would charge lots extra I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought mascots these days (incl the Mercedes wheel icon) had to be spring-loaded so they dont injure anyone as they flip them up over the bonnet when they career it to them at bus-stops (and such-like)... ????

    Or I might be (mis-)quoting some urban myth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh....another word that used to be new to me...but since I've been blogging with some of my friend across the pond ( Eddie, Maggie, Val, and Stewart,)I know what a 'bonnet' is....and I agree. The Mercedes that my husband's father had...had a beautiful ornament on its 'hood' (that's we call your 'bonnet'...) and I do miss some of those. The Jaguars still have some nice ones....but overall, they have vanished over here (USA.)
    Smiles to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.