Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 27 June 2010

Over There To Over Here


I spent most of today at Wollaton Park. It was the Veterans Weekend, where people get to dress up as soldiers through the ages. And very good they were too. I went last year, and I think I told you then that Wollaton Park was used as a base by some American soldiers from the 508th Parachute Infantry of the 82nd Airbourne Division as they prepared for D-Day in 1944. Today a memorial stone was unveiled as tribute to all those that made it and those that didn't.

1 comment:

  1. Must visit there again sometime, it must be 20yrs since.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.