Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 13 November 2010

A Fruit By Any Other Name


As you know this week's Headbanger theme was persimmons, or the colours that the fruit represents. We all struggled, except for Lanny, who had a photo of a whole lot of them.
Strangely enough I was grocery shopping yesterday, and guess what my local greengrocer had? Yes persimmons! Although they are called sharon fruits here. Also the ones I bought were more yellow in colour and came from Spain, rather than the good old USA.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful.Sharp as a tack. We call these Kaki in France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, yes, it was your wife that commented last week that they were called Sharon fruits. I love that! But as a colour name I think persimmon rolls in the brain a bit better eh? But Sharon fruits is perfect for the fruit, for even though they are small, Bet and I find that they are so sweet that we share them instead of eat one by ourselves! The ones in my photo are from Japan not here. And "here" is relative as "ours" come from the east coast and that might as well be Japan for the miles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.