Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Seeing Red


Lanny has chosen the most devilish theme this week for the Headbanger Challenge. Persimmon. A fruit, a bit like a tomato. Practically unknown in the UK as far as I know, so we are posting our version of the red hue. Here's mine, a rather gorgeous sunset over Eastwood. Taken after a rehearsal at the ruined priory there earlier in the year. A bit cliched I know, but it hasn't been a very colourful week so far.

Don't forget to see how the rest of the team have interpreted the theme.

Today's offering is something less brightly coloured, the Nottingham Canal, which I took tonight cycling home. And no wind or rain which was a bonus. The orange glow of the lights is quite welcoming and adds to the reflection of the trees in the water. I took this handheld with my GF1, and I don't think it's turned out too bad.

My musical offering this week is Kate Bush & Wuthering Heights. I could have gone for Chris de Burgh and Lady in Red, but this is Kate's rarely seen video of her dancing in a red dress.

5 comments:

  1. Your header photo, not matter the theme, is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM: What a beautiful sky, you may not know the fruit but it a neat photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persimmon skies are one of my very favorite things! But Kate? Yikes! A bit too red for persimmon I do think, And my persimmons, though they are sweet, come it at just a bit lower note!

    ReplyDelete
  4. photo is brilliant i've never heard of the fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.