Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Lighting Up Time


Here is a shot of the Christmas market and lights in the Old Market Square that started tonight. I missed the actual switching on, as I went to the fashion show instead. But the lights were only switched on by two radio presenters. So I don't think I missed much. I was somewhat disappointed by the market though. I thought it was supposed to be in the Dickensian style, rather than a German one. But to be honest, I couldn't really tell the difference from the one they built last year. The workmen were still putting up some of the kiosks tonight, which I found rather poor, as I would have thought that everything should have been ready by dusk.

It wasn't snowing tonight. The 'snow' you can see was being pumped out from a machine on the balcony of the Council House. It was a nice touch, and added to the atmosphere. I'm not sure what it was made of, but it looked like soap bubbles.

4 comments:

  1. I like the progression of umbrellas. That would be our ususal weather right about now. Uhhhh, not this week though! But your bright brellas make me think that the returning rain won't be too terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the market looks a bit kitsch but the snow really adds something.Very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.