Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Lighting Up Time


Here is a shot of the Christmas market and lights in the Old Market Square that started tonight. I missed the actual switching on, as I went to the fashion show instead. But the lights were only switched on by two radio presenters. So I don't think I missed much. I was somewhat disappointed by the market though. I thought it was supposed to be in the Dickensian style, rather than a German one. But to be honest, I couldn't really tell the difference from the one they built last year. The workmen were still putting up some of the kiosks tonight, which I found rather poor, as I would have thought that everything should have been ready by dusk.

It wasn't snowing tonight. The 'snow' you can see was being pumped out from a machine on the balcony of the Council House. It was a nice touch, and added to the atmosphere. I'm not sure what it was made of, but it looked like soap bubbles.