Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 14 November 2010

Making A Meal Of It


Last night Gail and I went out for a bite to eat and to see a film at the local multiplex. We went to Frankie & Benny's, where I had a pizza, and Gail went for the ribbed steak. Both meals were very nice, although I do like my pizza base to be a little thicker. Of course I had my camera with me, and took a few shots of the diners and waiters. As I was using my GF1 & 20mm lens, I didn't need to switch the flash on. I just kept it on the table, and clicked away.
I like the text they use around the restaurant to highlight dishes etc. I believe it is called "Broadway" and certainly blends in well to the New York themed diner.

The film we went to see was called "You Again". A comedy about a bully from high school who is engaged to the brother of the girl she bullied 8 years ago. It was ok, but nothing special. As far as I am aware students in England don't have to endure such treatment in colleges as they do in the States for some reason. Maybe we are kinder to each other when we get to 16, as most of the bullying seems to go on in junior school.

1 comment:

  1. Good lesson for me here, Gailsman with your 20 mm lens. I need a lens that will deal with the low light and your/our camera has coped beautifully. Did you up the ISO?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.