Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 1 December 2012

Theme Day December - My Street



I have been absent from joining in with the City Daily Photo theme day for quite some time now, that I thought I should find a few minutes to start it up again.

There has been some well documented problems with the original CDP site, which disappeared some months ago, but now there's a new one on Facebook, so here we are.

This month's theme is 'my street'. Now I live on what I would call an ordinary road, with a mixture of terrace, semi detached, and in my case, detached housing.  What might be interesting from the casual observers point of view, is that generally all the terrace houses are at one end of the street, the semi detached in the middle and the detached at the other end.

A lot of the houses were built during the Victorian era. Some more during the 1930s, and the rest in the 1950s. There has been a couple of rebuilds too since my late mum and I moved to the area in 1996.

I have been wondering what to put on, as although most of the houses are nice to look at, but not particularly of any architectural merit. So instead, here's a photo of an old Citroen van that belongs to Dave, a neighbour of mine. A good friend, who tries to lead an ethical and green lifestyle. He also has a great sense of humour, is musical and interesting to talk to and is also the father to two lovely children.

3 comments:

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.