Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 28 December 2013

Reflections On 2013


I took this the other day down by the canal, after we had a tremendous storm and gale force winds during the previous night. This puddle, nee lake is along the towpath and was quite deep. Possibly by about five or six inches.

There were some seagulls chilling out on the edge of the towpath, so I had to position myself so that I wouldn't get them in the shot. Luckily there was no rubbish in the water to spoil the scene, only a few leaves, which is in keeping with the scene of the tree's reflection.

Now how does the old saying go; to see the future, you have to look at the past?  Well as I've shown you the past over the last few days. I don't think that I've done too badly this year with my photography. I like to think that I have taken some fairly decent pictures and my skill has certainly developed ('scuse the pun) since I started the blog nearly 8 years ago. I'm planning to take my level of photography up a step or two during 2014, through obviously taking more photos. This will be by going to more events, photoshoots and having another go at street photography, which I have neglected over the last year or two.

Hopefully you will stick with me during this adventure. It would be nice to get some more feedback from you all about my pictures. I do get lots of hits every day, but hardly any comments. I wonder why that is? A question for you, as we rapidly approach 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.