Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday, 8 December 2013

Sunset Boulevard


There was a spectacular sunset this afternoon, probably one of the best that I've ever seen.  I saw it by accident too, as I had just gone outside to put some rubbish in the bin.

One of the very few problems where I live is that it is quite built up, with houses all around, so I couldn't really take a decent shot of the sky without houses, telegraph poles etc being in the way. So I went upstairs to see what it was like from the loft window.

It would work if I stood on a box and balanced my camera on top of the open window, as the window was facing out in the wrong direction. It was a bit precarious, and I used my OMD in auto mode, which  is a bit embarrassing for a photographer like me who tends to use manual for most of the time. But needs must, and I think the photo has come out alright.