Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 8 December 2013

Sunset Boulevard


There was a spectacular sunset this afternoon, probably one of the best that I've ever seen.  I saw it by accident too, as I had just gone outside to put some rubbish in the bin.

One of the very few problems where I live is that it is quite built up, with houses all around, so I couldn't really take a decent shot of the sky without houses, telegraph poles etc being in the way. So I went upstairs to see what it was like from the loft window.

It would work if I stood on a box and balanced my camera on top of the open window, as the window was facing out in the wrong direction. It was a bit precarious, and I used my OMD in auto mode, which  is a bit embarrassing for a photographer like me who tends to use manual for most of the time. But needs must, and I think the photo has come out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.