Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 17 January 2014

Friday Night Folk


Last week was Dave Mitchell's first gig of the year, tonight it was Emma Bladon-Jones'.

She put a message on Facebook saying that she was doing a gig at a pub in Beeston called the White Lion.

I've seen a few musicians there before, and was expecting to see her downstairs near the bar, but I was told that she was playing upstairs. So up I went, and I was in for a surprise and something that I hadn't come across before. I had walked into a folk club meeting, and Emma was down as a guest performer.

The club is called the Second Time Around and meets at the pub every fortnight. I didn't know what would be happening, but the old guy that appeared to be in charge explained who would be the first few people to perform. So I listened to various musicians and singers do turns. It was all acoustic too, so microphones or backing tracks.

There were quite a few people in the audience, more than normal and it was observed that it was probably because of Emma; who is quite well known now in Beeston and Nottingham.

She wasn't very well at Christmas, and actually ended up in hospital for a few days, so it was great to see her performing again.  The audience certainly appreciated her style of folk music and received a good round of applause after she had finished her set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.