Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday, 25 January 2014

Writer's Block


I happened to be in the right place at the right time this morning, when I visited my local library, as a small awards ceremony took place for local novelists.

The Great Beeston Book Read has been a six month competition where people have read and voted on eight books from local writers, ranging from a children's book, a thriller and the winning novel; an historical mystery.

Ripples And Shadows tells the story of a history professor who finds some 200 year old journals, written by someone who lived at a country house, where they were discovered.

I've got a copy of the book from the library today, so I'll see what it's like.

Here's a photo of the winning author Stephen Taylor receiving his trophy from BBC Radio Nottingham's John Holmes (right of picture).