Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 27 December 2007

Can Dogs Read?


The final photo from Switzerland is of this mosaic picture in the pavement. I spotted quite a few across Genevan streets. Not understanding French, I had no idea what it was saying. Typing it into a translation website, it seemed to say 'don't let your dog poo on the pavement'. Seems a much more effective message than the little signs on lampposts that we get here and which nobody takes any notice of. These pictures are quite decorative too.

5 comments:

  1. lovely mosaic - they probably don't have such tight constraints on the typefaces and formats of signs like what we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wall art is in deed poetic. Love the mosaic pattern too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:31 am

    Our rindy dinky city has an ordinance stating that you can be fined if you do not clean up after your dog. I used to carry a small sandwich size brown paper bag and a pancake turner with me and picked up anything my dog dropped. Horses are, in contrast, not in the ordinance, and neither are cows, both of which deposit rich deposits of pooh on the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually the dog who is talking and saying 'I don't mess the pavements.'

    I love this mosaic. Super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that is a beautiful mosaic...but I think it's quite strange (and funny) that they would put that kind of notice on the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.