Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 8 December 2007

Pull The Udder One!


It always pays to carry a camera, as I took this last night, quite by chance. Why this bar on St James' Street had a life sized model of a cow on show I have no idea. It wasn't even called The Cow.

Anyway it reminds me of an old and rather corny joke about a horse going into a pub and asking for a pint of beer. The barman pulls the beer and says to the horse, that'll be £3.50 please. While the horse is counting out some coins, the barman says that they don't serve that many horses. The horse looks the barman straight in the eye and says, "I'm not surprised at three fifty a pint"!

13 comments:

  1. How cute! Nice B&W...and the joke was funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Makes a great conversation piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good photo. Funny joke too. I was expecting - Horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Why the long face?" - my personal favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:34 pm

    That is odd to have a cow indoors anywhere. I wonder what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit of a Moooo-dy cow then.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho, Ho, Ho! The Bar Fly enjoyed that one.

    FYI, down here in Richmond we charge gorillas £7.00 a pint. Horses get one free if accompanied by a gorilla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha. I found that funny!

    Yep, I take my cam with me everywhere I go, too.

    joy
    Norwich Daily Photo
    The Goddess In You
    Your Love Coach

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is funny - both the cow and the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In 1999 the city of Chicago had a "parade of cows"--these artful animals installed all over the city. The idea caught on and now many cities here and abroad have different objects and animals made and installed throughout their city. Cows are a curious selection but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cow in a pub, great find! Glad you had your camera with you!
    Enjoyed the joke too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that made me chuckle, to find it in a bar of all places.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute and funny! a nice looking cow too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so why the long face?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.