Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 29 December 2007

Countdown To Picture Of The Year - 4


After viewing the 300 odd photos I've published this year, I've managed to whittle it down to 4. Although there were many 'almost made its'. The selection has been difficult, as I've taken a wide range of subjects in a range of styles. Looking back at them, I've thought I could have taken this a bit better; or more closer, or waited for that illusive decisive moment. But like anything, practice makes perfect as they say. So I aim to take even better ones during 2008.

So my first photo appeared back on Jan 21. I quite enjoy taking reflective pictures and this one of a Victorian street lamp, I think is simple, but effective. To improve it, I should have removed the distracting leaves.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no don't remove the leaves - things you might try are changing the colour balance or adding a sepia toning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think thats great, no matter how long you look at your own photos,you will always see where you can improve them, but isnt that the beauty of taking photos, you can always go one better next time, it makes you try and try and try.

    come and see Buckfast Abbey and the Water Wheel Mill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:37 pm

    I love it! it gives the ilusion that the lamp post is slightly wonky, or its surrounded by mist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful photograph. I love the broken reflection. I'm looking forward to numbers 3, 2 and 1.

    And thanks so much, Gail's Man, for the information about the car on Monte Carlo DP. today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is well taken shot! Like you I like reflection shots. Who doesn't?

    I am currently enjoying precious time with the people I love in Manila, as well as the warmth! So please forgive my spasmodic visit to your site. Your visits to my blog/s are very much appreciated.

    joy
    Your Love Coach
    The Goddess In You
    Norwich Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful picture! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it just the way it is.
    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.