Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 28 February 2009

Do It Doggy Style


Felines yesterday, canines today. Spratt's were a dog food manufacturer that existed until the early 1970's. This sign I think dates from 1950, as MML appears on the bottom. It's on the wall of a local cafe, which previously was a corner shop. I'm surprised that it still survives, as I thought it would either have been removed by now or stolen by a collector or dealer. But it's good to see such things still around.

Are there any old advertising signs still around where you live?

6 comments:

  1. Great sign - like you I'm am very surprised it is still intact after all this time. Haven't seen any old signs around where I live, but in future I will pay more attention to try to spot one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:40 am

    Happy Anniversary to you and Gail and for your birthday too. I very much enjoy your photos and the stories - please don't ever stop!

    I think your last thre photos, capture a lot of what the blog is all about in a nutshell; real life, observations, stories and of course great images.

    Best wishes,
    Alexinchina

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous. I remember Spratts. That's a collector's item now I'd think.

    Love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got me to go on another quest now. Off hand I would say no. Always appreciate a photo idea. I had never heard of Spratts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous sign - I think I had a Spratts keyring as a kid - thanks for the sympathy over the balloon rides but it was more than 15 years ago now and they just said each time try again another time but each time it didn't happen just made us lose interest - one time we had to be up at 4am to drive 60 miles to the launch site!
    It happened to us also in New Zealand but there we did get a refund.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Collectors & dealers steal things?
    Hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.