Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 23 May 2009

He's Nicer Than His Predecessor


Believe it or not this is the Sheriff of Nottingham. Not the evil man who was always trying to hunt down Robin Hood in the films and on TV, but a local Labour councilor by the name of Leon Unczur.

I met him yesterday while I was on a conducted tour of the Council House. He was in his chambers and ironically had just had his photo taken. It was the buildings' 80th birthday and as a one off they were doing free tours throughout the day. I went on the lunchtime one and it lasted well over an hour. The commentary by the guide was very good and she certainly seemed to know her stuff.

5 comments:

  1. LOL Sits at his desk - just like a politition, hands clasped together.

    Maybe Im wrong, dont even know the man, but this is the message he sends out with the way he sits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. It reminds me so much of the bureaucrats in Monty Python sketches.

    Many years ago, I spoke at a legal conference in Copenhagen. An English solicitor on the program was the law partner of the then Sheriff of Nottingham. I was very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I thought it your YOUR birthday! Well happy birthday to the building and a nice portrait of your new sheriff. I did like yesterday's chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:16 pm

    Oddly enough, I think he has a slight resemblance to the most recent TV sheriff. He might not torture and hang people any more but I still think he looks a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet he is a better actor than Keith Allen too. I feel I have to boo hiss at him just for his office.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.