Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 26 May 2009

I Bet Old H.G Never Envisaged This..


Jeff Wayne's musical version of the Wells sci-fi classic War of the Worlds has always been a favourite record of mine, ever since I heard it way back in 1978. I must have listened to it hundreds of times by now and often sing along to it in my own special style. Meaning I can't sing!

Gail & I saw this spectacle a couple of years ago and it was great. I'm in two minds whether to book tickets to see it again, as they are rather expensive. It's on at the Ice Arena, whose acoustics for music are quite bad. It is only a skating rink after all, even though many top acts have performed there. But it is too echoy for my liking.

I had to take a photo of this giant advertising poster though as a memento of a great album.

2 comments:

  1. Richard Burton! All I want to say lovely voice. Classic album. I was a temp nanny for Jeff Wayne( well him and Miss Diane's kid) mid 80's for two months in Brum. Brings back many happy memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that great film, go on spoil yourselves GM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.