Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 31 May 2009

Monte Carlo Or Bust


Not a comment on the expense of visiting Monaco, although Jilly would probably agree with me, but a subtle hint to today's photograph.

Yes it's old cars. The title refers to an film from the 1960's where several old cars try to get to Monte Carlo in one piece and starred Tony Curtis, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, amongst others. Wollaton Park was full of them today, and I had a very enjoyable afternoon snapping the more interesting vehicles. Gail walked about with me for a while, but later I left her sitting in the sun reading a magazine, while I carried on looking for more suitable subjects.

Tomorrow I have a ghost story for you!

3 comments:

  1. I can understand that. Car shows are great for photographers. And you got a decent backdrop here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah-ha, I remember that film. Well your shot of a crowd on a hill is a million times better than mine in Monaco - the free area - but then you are perhaps closer? Looks as if you had a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that film. Channel 4 have shown in under a different name, which I can't recall. Really captures that strangeness you get of these events. Milling people and cars on lawns in England. Just not cricket is it. Bit like motorbikes on Rugby pitches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.