Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 10 May 2009

The Stuff Of Life


Gail and I bought a breadmaker a couple of weeks ago. I have made four loaves so far. The first two were great, but the 3rd one was a little disappointing, possibly because I used a little too much olive oil. Today's loaf looked excellent. So much so, that I have to share it with you all. A picture of it, not the actual bread!

I use the most natural ingredients I can get, organic stoneground flour, goat's butter, organic yeast, brown sugar and sea salt. Set the maker to work overnight, and ping, when we wake up there's the smell of piping hot bread wafting through the house.

I thoroughly recommend you all get one. Shop bought bread just doesn't compare on taste and texture.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, did you know that you can buy flour ground at Green's Mill in Sneinton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a bead machine, too. And you are right, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Together with real butter and home made raspberry jam.
    Looks scrumptus GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like fresh bread. Your home must smell wonderfully breadlike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. chris Lewis-Jones5:19 pm

    do enter the bread baking competition at Stuff of Life Festival 09 Gail! It's in Hedley Villas Park, Sherwood Rise on Sat 10/10!

    Chris L-j

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.