Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 20 June 2009

I'm No Twit To Who


I went to a summer fair at a local school this afternoon. Quite a lot of things to do for the kids and the adults were kept amused with a car boot sale, but the one thing that kept everyone entertained was a collection of owls that were on display and who you could stroke for a small donation.

So I had to take a photo or two. I tried to take a full face one, but he just wouldn't sit still. Probably too interested in looking at his audience. So a profile one will have to do. Anyway you can get a good view of his sharp beak and razor claws

8 comments:

  1. That's a great shot! I've never seen this kind of owl...we've got some in the trees in our neighborhood, but they don't look remotely close to this one. This one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo. Have not seen an owl in quite a few years, altough there is one in a tree not far from my bedroom window, never seen it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little village nr Grantham - Denton always have a bank holiday street market and theres always a chappie there with a few Owls, he also has one like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nevermind the kids, I'd be knocking them out the way for this shot. Gorgeous. Appeals to the Kes in me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous. Owls and elephants are my passion. I can't imagine an owl that is tamed. Didn't know such things happened. This is a beauty and obviousy an independent thinker when he wouldn't keep still for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creature.

    As a child living in Sherwood Forest (no folks, that's NOT a joke), me and my big sister used to watch them from our window at night. Much better than TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:13 pm

    This is a barn owl... and very beautiful it is too.

    Such a shame that they are now much rarer than they used to be due to loss of habitat and over-use of pesticides by farmers which often poison the food they eat.

    It will be a very sad day when captive birds like these are the only ones we are likely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lottie3:12 am

    owls = awesomeness. So beautiful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.