Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 17 June 2009

War Of The Words


Today I went along to the former Virgin record store, to see Jeff Wayne & Jennifer Ellison, who were there to sign new versions of the classic War Of The Worlds musical, which is now 30 years old. They were in town as the stage version was being put on at the Ice Arena.

I thought about going, but the tickets are £50, which personally I think is too much. I did look on Ebay to see if there were any bargains going. One fool put the end day of his auction as today. Obviously no one had made a bid, as getting the tickets would be almost impossible, due to where they were.

There was quite a queue of people waiting to meet them both. Most seemed more interested in Jeff than Jennifer, as you can see from her rather bored expression.

3 comments:

  1. You sure get around GM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:17 am

    It looks like you made an interesting day out of it after all. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great shot. Her look is priceless. I'm afraid I would have added to her misery- who wouldn't want to not meet Jeff Wayne. Ticket prices have changed from the 50p Madness concert I went to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.