Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 9 October 2009

Roll Out The Barrell


I popped along to the famous Nottingham Beer Festival today, which was being staged at the castle for the second time. The festival has been going for over 30 years now and previously it has been held at the Victoria Leisure Centre. I'm not really a beer drinker, so have never been before. The entry fee is meant to be £10, which includes a commemorative glass, but I got in for nothing, as I said that I wanted to see the castle and had a Nottingham City library card, which allows you free entry.

The marquee contained quite a number of the cliched idea of a beer drinker; a man in his 50's, beard, slightly scruffy and a tad overweight. There were some women there too, and they looked exactly the same. No, only joking!
Over 600 beers were on offer at £1.25 for half a pint. There were plenty of portaloos available too.

4 comments:

  1. "I got in for nothing, as I said that I wanted to see the castle and had a Nottingham City library card, which allows you free entry."

    Brilliant! Several hundred people will try that next year... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I miss the Beer Festival!
    Nice job on the free entry hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn - am I too late to join in the fun and tasting?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to go here. Love that bloke in the left hand corner. Now that is a shifty look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.