Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 2 October 2009

Shepherd Moon


Tonight Gail and I went to see a band call The Bad Shepherds. It was formed by Ade Edmundson, whom many of you of a certain age will remember from The Young Ones. No, not the Cliff Richard film, but the BBC comedy show of the early 1980s. He was also one of the Comic Strip gang and worked on Bottom with Rik Mayall.

The Bad Shepherds play punk and new wave hits in a Celtic folk style. A bizarre combination, but somehow it works. A packed Playhouse audience enjoyed versions of songs by The Jam, Kraftwerk, Squeeze and even the Sex Pistols!

This isn't the best photo I've ever taken. But it's the best I could manage to get. At least it shows what he looks like these days. For something better, try this YouTube video

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to this weird combination - will look out for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea he was in a band, will have to check them out!
    He's a fantastic comedian, I used to watch The Young Ones and Bottom with my dad when I was little (i'm 24 now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:56 pm

    It looks like they were having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool.That was a favorite show many years ago, I will have to check out Ade'sband.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.