Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 16 November 2009

Sign Of The Times


Nottingham's newest cultural centre and tourist attraction has now opened. Ironically when I went today, I found that the gallery was closed. So I'll have to go tomorrow to look at the David Hockney exhibition and see what the building looks like in the inside, as the outside still looks like a something that was built in the Eastern Bloc during the 1950s. This sign on the otherhand, reminds me of 1950s America, advertising a diner or motel.

7 comments:

  1. The sign does seem a bit of an odd choice! Looking forward to seeing more of the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True American sign.
    Was watching David Hockney the other night on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, motel sign was what I thought too, when it came to Planning Committee. Apparently that's the intention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very brightly colored, eye-catching sign!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought was diner or motel too. I love the retro sign look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G: You look like you were in our header contest, nice sign in the cloudy blue sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.