Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Is It Art?


I knew I should have started on that Ark, with the amount of rain that we've had today! It's been non stop all day.

I still went out with my camera, and had this idea of putting it in a clear plastic bag, to try and keep as much rain off it as I could. The thing is that the bag I had with me had a green tinge to it. I fixed it to the lens and started snapping. The early efforts weren't very good, but after some adjustment, the next ones weren't too bad, and using the bag had given the photos a slightly eerie look to them. Almost like they were taken with a pinhole camera.

I had to change the shutter speed and ISO a bit, as some of them were a bit on the dark side. But overall I am quite happy with my little experiment. It's not something that I would do a lot, but I might try it again on a sunny, dry day and see what the results are like.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work and end product here my friend/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good effect, & very inventive. And a sensible idea - I once used one of my camera in heavy rain, & the wretched thing stopped working. it took 2 days before it dried out, & luckily it's been ok ever since. But I've learnt my lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to constantly experiment with your camera. I think this turned out just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.