Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 13 January 2013

Is There A Doctor In The House?


We've had our first bit of snow today. Not much. Just a sprinkle. I missed most of it, as I had a bit of a Sunday morning lie-in.

I bought a full set of Doctor Who figures the other day, as they were in a shop sale, and I have been wondering how I can use them in a photograph.

As there are eleven of them altogether, I thought the photo might be a bit crowded, so I have just chosen Doctor numbers 3, 4, 5 and 11.

I chose them because, Jon Pertwee was the first one I saw on TV. Tom Baker is my favourite. I met Peter Davison in real life and Matt Smith is the current one.

As much as I like the new style of show, I don't think it is a patch on the old style stories with character development and plot pacing. They seem to try and cover so much in 45 minutes now, which before used to be 90, or 150 minutes. Yes, there used to be a bit of padding, but having to wait until the following Saturday to see the next instalment, was exciting.

If only the old show had the budget and available special effects that the modern version has, then it would have been incredible. But the production team did well with their imagination, trying to show great effects with a small amount of money.

4 comments:

  1. Whos who eh! lol
    Neat showing of them with a little snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 pm

    Fantastic figuarines. Great find, I love em!
    On a personal note I didn't really like Dr Who when I was a kid. I found the darleks to scary way back then, now I just find them a bit boring. However, I love the new version of Dr Who! I must admit the last couple of Dr's have drawn me to the TV a bit quicker! ;-) But I also enjoy the storyline, special effects etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Dr Who's are sooo much better than the old ones'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.