Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Review Of 2012


Well a new year and new beginnings. A time to reflect on the past year and what might happen during the new one.

I have been looking through all my blog posts and really surprised how much I've done and places & events that we've been to.

It's difficult to try and pick one favourite photograph from the 365+ that I've published on my blog this year. They have included many models, shots of Oscar and Marmalade, old cars, large scale events and the little minutiae that make up a day.

For some reason I'm drawn to this shot that I took in May at Wollaton Park at a battle reenactment show. Possibly because it is unusual to see two people in period costume walking next to a period building with no 21st century clutter in view.

I think it looks like a scene from a movie. Although I if I was taking the shot again, I would set the couple more to the right side of the frame and show a bit more of Wollaton Hall. Still I don't think it is too bad a shot considering that it is not posed.

So here's to hopefully a enjoyable and successful year full of photographic highlights and wonderful shots.

4 comments:

  1. I like it, but you are right about moving the couple and maybe just crop the arm of a person on the right too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this picture a lot and we can think of several messages...I imagine they are talking about their family!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a certain timeless feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this shot Gailsman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.