Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Letting Off A Little Steam



I was planning to spin one of my fantastical yarns about these two photographs. Of how a team of Nottingham University scientists have discovered a way into the centre of the Earth and that molten lava is slowly seeping to the surface. But I don't think you'd fall for it, right!

So the truth is that one of the main roads into the city centre is presently closed to traffic whilst repairs are being undertaken to mend the pipes that pump steam to buildings connected to the district heating scheme. Reality is a bit boring eh.


3 comments:

  1. I had hoped for a story about molten lave when I saw these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow
    I imagine it's difficult to do this kind of work!
    Love your idea for the pictures!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these two pics, so hurry up & put them on Flickr. I saw them on here earlier & told Steve, which prompted him to post his 'steamy' photo. It's so annoying that Milton Street will be closed for 3 weeks or so because of this work, as I now have to get my bus from town to home opposite the new Eon building, & that street is dark, gloomy & always cold & windy. On the plus side, all the steam & yellow coats etc are photogenic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.