Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 1 September 2013

Bows, Arrows And Bikes



I took a trip to Wollaton Park this morning to see some of the National Archery Finals that were taking place today in the grounds. It was a free event, so seemed silly not to go and see what it was all about.

They had sectioned off the area at the back of the hall, and had provided some raised seating for the spectators. I didn't sit down to watch, preferring to wander around looking for shots.


There were quite a few people watching the action, if you can call it that, as the competitors only get to shoot three arrows at a time. Still it's something that I couldn't do as I am a bit short sighted. I'd have trouble looking for the target, let alone the bullseye!


I stayed a couple of hours and bumped into a couple of photographers I knew. One of which was covering the event for the City Council.

On my way back to my car, I came across this rather neat looking motorbike. Certainly individualistic in colour and design, with lots of native American influences. I couldn't find a makers name, so couldn't tell you if it a Harley Davidson or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.