Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 21 September 2009

Do You Want Crisps With That?


I managed to swag a day trip to Birmingham last Thursday through work. Whilst waiting for my task to begin, I took a few shots of where I had gone. I thought this was a very strange name for a pub. It is bound to be popular with students, as it is next door to Aston University. In fact I had to wait a few minutes for a gang of students to go back inside, so they wouldn't ruin the shot. I also took this photo using the black & white option in my G1. Rather than converting it in Picasa.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, an odd name. Interesting looking building though, and a recognisably English scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least they can spell correctly! Not like those Yanks on 5th Avenue - hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least Sack of Potatoes has an earthy thud about it. What's to be made of the Purple Dog, a pub in Colchester, formerly the Clarence?

    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.