Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 7 September 2009

A Ship To Live In


This is Marine Court in Hastings. I was amazed and stunned when I saw this, as it's another wonderful Art Deco designed building. Looking it up on Google, I found it was built in 1937 and was based on the liner the Queen Mary. Some of the apartments are for sale, and for a sea view they cost about £60k. It became a listed building in 1999, and it seems that work has started to restore it to its former glory. Apparently it has an underground car park, which I would have liked to have seen. In fact I would have enjoyed a tour around the whole building as it just looks so fantastic. As the tide was in I couldn't go on the beach and take a full view of the building.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time since I was Hasting. Love the all the Art Deco building you get along the South Esat coast, and good to see one so loving restored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:51 pm

    Marine Court, remember it from a mis spent youth ! There was a nightclub there known as the Witch Doctor. Almost black inside but those girls in the mini skirts (1960's) looked great !

    from mick motor photos (flickr)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.