Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 23 January 2011

Close Up Magic


I am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment. Panasonic have launched a new zoom lens. It covers 100mm-300mm, and I quite fancy buying one, so I can get a little bit closer to the action. The thing is, I already own a 45-200mm lens. So my problem is, do I spend a fair amount of money on a lens that only gives me a slight advantage on the glass that I already own? Toughie eh!

The guy at the camera shop was very helpful and let me try it out on my G1. So I took a shot with the lens, standing in the same place as the one I took with my 200mm. The comparison is helpful, and indeed the lens would be useful. But can I justify the expense? If it say covered 100-400mm, then I wouldn't have the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Ive got a 35-135 // 70-300 // and my new one is 25-200, which I really like cause I dont have to change lens, which stops dirt getting into the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm it would be tempting, but waiting builds such character!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.