Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Where's Daisy?


I went round the Brewhouse Museum this lunchtime, looking for inspiration for this week's Headbanger Challenge; "Pipes", as chosen by Dave.
Quite a few ideas have been turning through my head, and I thought that there might be a display of smoking pipes which would be something unusual, as you don't see the traditional tobacconists anymore. But alas they only had one on show & not very photogenic at that. So it was back to Plan A; a shot from last summer of the local pipe and drum band, doing their stuff at the Beeston Carnival.

While I was looking round the museum, I took a few shots of different things, including this old delivery bike, which once belonged to the Co-op. Not a stylish carriage, as the song goes. Poor Daisy would have to clamber inside the front part and get comfy. Or have a croggy, as they say around here.

4 comments:

  1. The ol bagpipes eh, and I like the blues pipe music too,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: What a fun post. I love your header and thought of bag pipes when I heard the theme. I saw the Blue Man Group perform live in Cleveland so really enjoyed the video. It was before I had a better camera for capturing long distance shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Croggy? Never heard that before. Nice shot of the bagpipes though. I might have to come through to the Beeston carnival sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that bike! Well with the front tire aired up though. Bet and I haev been musing about the Farm having some retro bikes for hauling harvest and seedlings around, as well as picnics out to the tavern by the swamp. But for now we get by with a barrowed four wheeler and Dirt's orange tractor. Nice header by the way. That one fellow at the end looks like he is about to explode.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.