Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tower Of Song


One of my favourite singers is Canadian born Leonard Cohen. His rich, deep, gravelly voice gets me right there. Not forgetting his poetry. Song like So Long Marianne, Hallelujah, and First We Take Manhattan. I actually didn't really know that much about him until an old neighbour of mine lent me some of his CDs in about 1992 after he said that he had seen Leonard in concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Don't worry, I gave them back!

I'm afraid that Gail doesn't share my appreciation of his style of singing. She somehow finds it depressing. So I have to have him on the turntable when she's not around and so I can sing along. All together now..

1 comment:

  1. Must have another listen to him sometime. I used to think that he was depressing too but that was many years ago. Perhaps you could make me a copy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.