Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Wedding Fever


The country, if not the world appears to be gripped by the forthcoming event on Friday. Not everyone is so enamoured with the trip to Westminster Abbey. In fact a recent UK survey has suggested that at least half the population isn't that bothered, but it's great to have an extra days holiday.

Bunting and flags have been selling like hot cakes. Not forgetting the various items you can buy, from tasteful china cups to cheap, kitsch things that will probably end up in the bin after a week.

I met local poet, artist and activist Lord Biro at lunchtime, as he was putting the finishing touches to his latest, slightly surreal, but amusing display in an empty shop in the West End Arcade. His cartoons may not be to everyone's taste, but the idea of the Queen as Marge Simpson is worth a chuckle or two!

4 comments:

  1. Lord Biro!? that's a great name! So funny. As for the Royal Wedding. Hmmmm. Can't say that I have any feelings either way.Who is it that's getting married?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that speed banner! Great stuff.

    Personally, I declined my invitation to the wedding. Just don't have a thing to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the logo on the front of one of your cars then Chris?

    Thank you for your header it showed me that my screen colour settings were out as it came out orange not red.(I presume it should be Ferrari Red?)

    As for the wedding not going myself couldn't fit yet another photo shoot in to my busy schedule lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.