Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 26 June 2011

A Bono Fide U2


I was a bit late going to the Armed Forces event today as one of Gail's brothers came over with his partner to see us, and we went out for lunch together. In fact by the time I got to the city centre, the castle was closing, even though it said 5pm on the posters etc. So I wandered down to the Old Market Square, where I caught a U2 tribute band called ZU2. They were very loud and very good. I'm not really a fan of the Irish rockers, but I enjoyed the gig, so did the audience that were standing and sitting in the Square and singing along to some of the more well known tunes. No demonstrations about tax evasion, like the real band received at Glastonbury!
I was happily snapping away with my camera, so were a few others, and the show was being filmed for something or other. This is Russ Ashford who did a fine job of being Bono, while I presume his brother or cousin Richard was a very commendable Edge, complete with wooly hat and a fine line in guitar playing.

2 comments:

  1. Neat one my friend.
    Remember the Tornado's? (Telstar)
    Dave Graham - we saw him at our hotel and he's real good, with the jokes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you hadn't explained I'd have thought he was a happy drunk trying to be entertaining. Just shows how the photos can lie. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.