Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 13 June 2011

Lights, Camera, And A Little Bit Of Action


I travelled through time and space this afternoon and became a member of the paparazzi in Russia. In reality of course I became an extra on a film that is presently being shot in the city by a local company called Wellington Films. It is called Cold Warrior, and is about the shenanigans that the Russian coaches of olympic gymnasts got up to to make their proteges win. The filming took place in one of the large exhibition rooms at the Contemporary. A grim, concrete walled space, which probably represented Russian architecture very well.

It was interesting to watch how they set up the shots, and the many takes they did for just a few seconds of film. I managed to take a few shots of the crew setting up. As much as I enjoyed the experience, I would have liked to have been behind the camera, and shooting some stills of the action that the director was seeing.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, thats you and I now have traveled thru space then,lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is obviously a theme going on between you and imac

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.