Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 19 June 2011

Life In The Fast Lane


Gail and I went to our very first motorsport meeting today. It was at Donington Park, which isn't very far away from us. The weather was very cloudy, but fortunately it didn't rain. We were both a bit disappointed with the event, as the signage at the park was very poor and as it was our first time there, we got a bit lost. We asked one of the security guys where to go. He told us, but assumed that we both knew what he meant when he mentioned one of the spots in the grounds. We got the occasional buzz from aircraft flying overhead as the East Midlands Airport is next door.

I took quite a lot of shots, but most of them were poor, as they either had bits of cars on them, or no cars at all, even though I used the rapid shooting facility on my camera and a fairly fast shutter speed. Also the wire netting and railing didn't help matters. I don't know if all motor racing events are like this. But if they are, I don't think we will be going to another. Still I don't think this photo is too bad, and you can see the heat haze from the engines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.