Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Bubbles


Imac (Stewart) has chosen this week's theme of "soap". A very easy word, but for some reason I have struggled to find an exceptional photo for the challenge. I thought about going down the easy route of showing a bowlful of bubbles, or a car being cleaned. But nothing came into view of my camera. I also thought about soap operas too. But Nottingham's theatres are empty of actors from Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Eastenders and the like at the moment. So another dead end. I then wondered whether I could snap a person talking to passers by in the street. Someone who was on their "soap box". But no one was about. So my header this week is of a certain little boy poking his little nose into his mum's cleaning cupboard.

Bubbles of another kind are featured in today's blog picture. That of a bubble car. This one is German and was built in the late 1950s. According to Wikipedia, the car took nearly 30 seconds to reach 60mph. To be honest, I'd be rather scared of going more than 20mph in it, as it doesn't look that safe.

Don't forget to see how the rest of the gang's photos. I wonder who will clean up this week? Enjoy this week's song, which cleverly merges the two themes

3 comments:

  1. Nice music to go with a piccy of you my friend in your braces, reaching for soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images, all. I never saw one of those cars before. I learned me somethin'! Thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we going for a set of black and white themed headers? Its a great shot of, I presume you, reaching in the cupboard. I hope you didn't get in to trouble for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.