Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Quote, Unquote


Somehow I managed to gazump iMac into choosing this week's Headbanger Challenge. Sorry matey. Anyway I've gone for 'Give me the Night". A good challenge for anyone. The right exposure, so you don't get any camera shake, unless it is intentional, enough light so you can see the subject and of course an interesting subject.

For my choice I've gone for this shot of a food stall in the Old Market Square, that I took last year. I like the way that the mysterious arm is reaching out from the blackness. The steam rising into the air. If you couldn't see any names on the jars etc, you might think it was some mad scientist undertaking their latest experiment.

Don't forget to have a look at the selections that my headbanging clan have come up with.

Going past the Robin Hood statue this morning, I couldn't help but notice this writing that someone had chalked onto the path. A quote from the famous man in green no less. A great sentiment, but I don't think it will ever happen, unless there is a major revolution across the world. Even the Russian one in 1917 didn't really change a thing. The people at the top changed, but they were still greedy and wanted riches for themselves. Still it's a great Utopian idea.

3 comments:

  1. Could be a Golden Shot, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wildly good. I had all kinds of ghoulish feelings looking this one over. Incredible.

    So what did you buy from this vendor, and would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 pm

    The idea is still a good 'un.

    Its time is coming...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.