Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Greetings


Today's Headbanger Challenge has been set by Lanny and she has gone for 'greetings'. Now this is another theme which is up for interpretation in quite a number of ways, which I am sure you'll see if you care to pay a visit to the group's pages. Entry by simply clicking on their name above.

My photo shows a number of characters all saying hello, and welcome to the blog in their own particular way. Which is really what I wanted to convey. This idea that everyone should be made welcome by everyone else, no matter who, or what they are, or where they have come from. Alas in this uneven, unequal world, that doesn't always happen. So make sure that you say hello to at least one person tomorrow, and see if we can all make a difference.

Today's photo is a greeting of a different kind. A complete opposite of what I have said previously. This is a poster for the latest exhibition at the Contemporary. A series of art works by Jean Genet about the infamous political group from the 1970s. It's a gigantic poster, that I stumbled across today, whilst looking for inspiration for my lead photo. Hope you like the music. One of my most favourite artists ever.

4 comments:

  1. Love the little folk in your Header my friend.
    Also Kate passes your message on well - good choice in music my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: Cute idea, I would have to have found those at the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great play on the theme. I recognise 4 of them but not sure who the one at the back left is?
    Kate's music is certainly very hauntingly enjoyable I can see why she is one of your favourite artists, and I agree we need to meet up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,
    I really like the thought behind this as well as the outcome. What fun! Thanks for this really interesting post, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.