Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 25 August 2011

Small Soldiers


Many people probably know Games Workshop; the maker and supplier of model figures that are used in tabletop war games, with Warhammer being the most well know. What people might not know is that their HQ and factory is based in Nottingham. I'm not into the games at all, but I was passing their shop on Friar Lane the other day and happened to look in the window. I saw these little highly coloured figures and thought they would make for a good blog photo. I've tried to get rid of the reflections in the glass as best I could to show of the detail of the painted figures, which may only be a couple of inches tall.

2 comments:

  1. Bang Bang, Im not playing, you didnt lie down,lol.
    Neat capture my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is really into miniature wargaming. It's quite addictive, and he completely takes over the kitchen table with his painting. You can guess how much I enjoy THAT aspect. That said, the figs are beautiful when they're done. Makes me ALMOST want to play. But not quite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.