Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 27 September 2012

Badgering People


There was a demonstration outside one of the many Tesco stores in the city centre at lunchtime today.

The demonstration concerned the scheduled badger cull that the Government has recently announced to ward off a possible TB epidemic amongst cattle. Although there is no scientific proof that this is the best way of controlling the disease.

There is a suggestion that it is better to actually cure the badgers, rather than killing them. The protestors were also getting passers by to sign a petition to stop the cull. I of course happily signed it, as I am an animal lover and do not believe it is the way to go either.

3 comments:

  1. I would sign the petition as well!
    I'm also an animal lover! :)
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them yesterday too - whilst I was trying to persuade my 4 yr old Grandson to either Hold My Hand All The Time, or wear his wrist strap. Luckily the 4 Policemen on duty for the demo came to my rescue & told him to 'Do as your Grandma tells you or you will get lost'. So for that I was glad of the demo.
    I am sitting on the fence regarding the Badger cull though. Something has to be done to stop the transfer of bovine TB, but I would have thought a vaccine would be best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:28 am

    What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & help other users like its helped me. Good job.
    Stop by my blog post ; 50 shades of grey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.