Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 24 September 2012

Bringing The House Down (2)
















What a horrible day it's been today. It's rained for most of the time. I got wet feet cycling in to work. Not so much from the rain, but the spray from the lorries and the big puddle at the side of the road, because the council haven't got around to cleaning the drains out yet and they are covered with leaves and rubbish.

Although it was wet, I still needed to go out for some fresh air & exercise. I didn't go very far though. There is a multi-storey car park near where I work, and so I thought I would go up to the top level and take an aerial photo of what the old cinema looks like.

As you can see, they've really got to grips with knocking it down. I think by the end of the week, the site will just be a pile of broken bricks and scrap metal. Which then will be sorted and the land cleared ready for the construction of the new building to start.

So I can see that going up the car park is going to be a daily ritual for the next week or so. I will be taking shots from ground level too, as the demolition gang get going.

1 comment:

  1. Rainy day here as well...I think it's time for some coffee! :)
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.