Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 21 September 2012

Steaming Ahead

Gail has got herself a new camera. Something a little smaller and neater for her to carry around on a daily basis. It is an Olympus OMD. The one that Damian McGillycuddy let us have a go with the other week. So as a change to my hefty Nikon, I took the little DSLR for a stroll around the city centre. As it is a micro 4/3rds camera, my Panasonic lenses fitted it. So I had a go with the 20mm pancake lens. Although it came with an small zoom lens. The small buttons took some getting used to, as I'm more familiar with the chunkier Nikon ones. The weather wasn't very good, so I didn't really see anything exciting to snap. Except this scene of some council workers steam cleaning the pavement. Removing chewing gum I think. The one thing that I do like about the OMD, is it's ability to take a photo and record it using several different art filters at the same time. There are at least twelve. This is one of my favourite filters, as it gives the picture a slight HDR appearance, without it looking too unrealistic.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this picture! Excellent capture. The quality of the new cam is pretty fantastic too, nice buy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.