Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Man In Grey


Today is our Headbanger Challenge, and only four of us again this week, as Stewart is still away at the seaside. Unfortunately he and Julie are getting a bit battered and wet at the moment in the stormy weather that we are presently experiencing across the country.

I've chosen the theme this week, and have picked 'confectionery'.  This can mean, chocolate; sweets; cakes, or anything in between. I have gone for a traditional looking sweetshop which we came across in Leeds last weekend.

It was located in a small arcade, that contained all sort of good quality gift and clothing shops. We were going to have a snack at the cafe next door, but they had run out of bread!

Don't forget to have a look at the other sites, and enjoy this great song from years gone by.


I took our Olympus OMD for a spin today for a change. I'm waiting for the battery grip that we've ordered to arrive, as although it is a great camera, I am finding it a little small for my hands. Especially as I've been used to the big Nikons.

I think I've mentioned before that I do love the different art filters that the camera can produce simultaneously, after you're pressed the shutter; although it does take a little while for them to be processed onto the SD card.

Although it rained again this morning, the sun came out a bit, while I was on my way home. So I decided to have a ride through Highfields.  I'm glad I did, as I managed to capture this little fellow while he was hunting for food.

He seemed quite used to humans, and came quite close whilst I crouched down, camera in hand and watched him hopping about. So I managed to snap him while he stood there posing for me.


2 comments:

  1. Chris: I must say that is a great shot of a neat shop. I knew you would come up with something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving Ye Olde Sweet Shoppe! Reminds me of the sort of thing you'd see in the likes of The Bemish museum etc, which we used to frequent with our parents as kids. Great quality capture too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.