Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 5 November 2012

Going Down South


I took a long train ride today down to Bristol. Just for the day. It took over three hours to get there, and then another three hours back. In fact I was sat on the train longer than I was sat in the office.

I had about half an hour for lunch, so I went in search of a sandwich and a drink. I then had a little walk around the area close to where the office that I was visiting was. Couldn't stray too far and get lost now could I?

Bristol has the River Avon running through it and I was pleased to discover that it was just a short walk from the office to reach a part of it. As I didn't have too long,  I only managed to take a few shots like this one. It was lovely and sunny too, with a great blue sky. I wish I could have spent longer there to look around and see what else was on offer.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good excuse for a weekend away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which boat C'tain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bristol is a nice city. very hilly but lots going on and twinned with Bordeaux.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:59 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.